Company News

Claimed Your Flat Rate Expenses?


Have you claimed Flat Rate Expenses that are available as a Tax Credit for your Occupation?

All employees of the class or groups listed below can claim the deduction in their own tax credits.

Flat rate expenses can be claimed by completing an Income Tax return you can go back 4 years.

An Electrician can get €612 for 4 years

A Carpenter can get €880 for 4 years

A Pharmacist can get €1,600 for 4 years….. Check the list for your own occupation

You can find this form in PAYE Services in the MyAccount section of the ROS website. You can do this by following these steps:

  • Sign into myAccount on
  • Click on ‘Review your tax’ link in PAYE Services
  • Select the Income Tax return for the relevant tax year
  • In the ‘Tax Credits & Reliefs’ page select ‘Flat rate expenses’ and add it as a tax credit.

The list of qualifying occupations is as follows Flat Rate Expenses (

Alan Considine QFA

Financial Advisor

086 22 22 204

Leave a Reply